Martial artists are people that live and breathe the martial arts. Here are some questions to ask yourself in order to determine if you are a martial artist:
– Do you attend every class?
– Do you count the seconds until the next class?
– When you are not training or instructing are you constantly thinking about it?
– Do you enjoy the pain of cuts and bruises and wear them like badges of honor?
– Do you sit at work/school visualizing fight scenes?
– Do you walk up and down the hallways throwing out techniques inadvertently because that is what you are daydreaming about?
– Every time you pass a pole, a lamppost or something of the like do you have to hit it?
– Do you turn on lights, flush toilets and pick things up with your feet?
– Are you obsessed with keeping in shape in case you have to outlast and out-strengthen an opponent?
– Do you think any excuse people give to get out of training is lame?
– Is your martial art the last thing you think about at night and the first thing you think about in the morning?
– Do you size up every person that walks past you and come up with what you would do to them if a fight suddenly broke out?
– Do you turn down dates and social events that clash with training?
– Do other people think you are crazy because of the sacrifices you make for your art?
– Are the conversations you take part in dominated by talk of martial arts?
– Do you only buy and wear clothing/shoes that wouldn’t restrict you in a fight?
– Do you sit with your back to the wall in case somebody randomly decided to attack you?
Any others? Serious or fun, lets add to the list.